vrijdag 2 september 2016

Fifteens.

Next to the fantasy figures I recently painted, I also got some extra troops for my old 15mm late Seleucid army. I painted my first Seleucids when I was around 17 years old, and they were the core for the army. They all were Miniature Figurines (or Minifigs), as that was all that was available then to me. Later I added some Museum Miniatures but most are Minifigs. I planned a huge army, that never realised. The project stalled when the planned campaign in the club I was then member of ended before really taking off. Later I rebased what I had to DBx. And now, after all these years I added a few more, and repaired some damaged. These are the first 15mm figures I have painted in over 10 years.




I tried to paint them more or less the way I used to do long ago. Problem is I used Humbrol enamel paints then, and now only own acrylics. But you have to look really good to notice it.

Here are some pictures of the army as it stands now.






Maybe a bit overdone in cavalry, and certainly in cataphracts, but as said before, the army was never finished. I am thinking of painting up the figures I still have, but I'm not sure if I should buy more after that. I have plenty of 28mm to replace the same army. Yes, I am truly mad, having the same army in 15mm and in 28mm. Only slightly different in composition.

2 opmerkingen:

  1. Impressive army, lover the chariots and the cavalry!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. And yet, I still have 1 or 2 unpainted cavalry units.
      Maybe I should buy a bit more infantry for balance.

      Verwijderen