zondag 13 november 2016

IT's a DRAGON ATTACK !

Well, not yet, but now I have your attention, here are a few pictures of my Aureola Rococo dragon.
It is the smallest of the two that came in the AR range of miniatures, and since it was badly painted (with humbrol enamel paints) and slightly demolished it took me a bit longer to get ready for painting.



Both of the wings were broken off, so I "pinned" them in the hope they would be stronger then the original socket fit. I have to add that I'm not a hero in these kind of repair jobs, but it looks sturdy enough for the gaming table.


I did not have the correct rider, but an Elf with a weird looking spear from the same AR range would do.


And the result of my paint job is...




The colors used for the dragon are based on The Dragon Lord by Rodney Mattews. This artist got lots of other strange and weird things in his fantasy paintings, and I strongly believe many of the miniatures in the AR range are based on his art.
The rider got a pale skin color and a bright blue magical spear. Who knows what he can do with his magical weapon!

Anyway, for the time being this fellow will lead my Knights of the Silver Rose which were the subject of my former blog post.

6 opmerkingen:

  1. Come over and join the Old School Miniatures Facebook group - you will love it!

    https://www.facebook.com/groups/339877386089536/

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Sorry David, I'm not (yet?) on facebook.

      Your own blog was inspirational for me to revisit my old fantasy figures!

      Verwijderen
  2. Wim, je moet mss enkele prentjes uploaden op http://www.miniatures-workshop.com/lostminiswiki/index.php?title=Main_Page
    Ik ben door ook contributor.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Ik zal dat binnenkort eens bekijken Phil.
      Bedankt voor de tip!

      Verwijderen