donderdag 9 april 2020

Buildings.

I hardly ever paint buildings or scenery for my miniature armies. Though I buy some now and then. With a bit of extra time, thanks to corona, I think this might be the moment to put some paint on at least some of them. The "victims" were two Renedra sets, Medieval Cottage 1300-1700 and Timber Outbuilding. Both are hard plastic kits, which should be glued together with your normal polythene cement. I use Tamiya (orange cap). The same I also use for my hard plastic miniatures. The kits fit together very well, and after letting the glue dry for a night, I painted it without undercoating. The usual techniques of highlighting and drybrushing were used, untill I thought they look good enough to fight over on tabletop .




Here you can see the farmhouse next to a few Perry French Napoleonic light infantry miniatures, just for size.

For the moment I'm working on something completely different. Here's a picture, so you might have an idea what it will be (or could become). It is yet another project / distraction I found somewere at the bottom of the dreaded Lead Pile.

That's it for now!

2 opmerkingen:

  1. Hi Wim. Those kits are very nice and you have done a splendid job on them. As for the little fellow, stunning. I used to paint 10mm figures but find them too small now.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Thanks for your nice comment!
      The little fellow is actually a 6mm Adler. I bought a lot of them, around 20 years ago, but they never got painted (it was a soon abandonned club project).

      Verwijderen